It’s no secret that I like to pray verses over my children, in the past I’ve shared a few verses I had been praying for Raeca. Ever since then I’ve meant to compile a list of verses we can pray over our children, both for some of the attitudes they have now and for their futures as well.
I know there are a ton of verses that could be on this list but I wanted to make it manageable, my personal goal is to go down the list and pray one of these each weekday (because for some reasons weekends are crazy around here and my routine is always off).
So here is my list, 20 days of verses to pray:
- for joy: “Lord, may Your hope fill her with joy (Romans 15:13), may her heart be glad and her whole being rejoice (Psalm 16:9).”
- for her fear: “Lord, please watch over her, stand beside her as her protective shade (Psalm 121:5), help her to know that You are a refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble, therefore she will not fear (Psalm 46:1-2a). Please deliver her from all her fears (Psalm 34:4) and show her Your favor and give her peace (Numbers 6:26).”
- for wisdom: “Help her to grow in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man (Luke 2:52).”
- for courage: “Help her to be strong and courageous, to not be afraid or dismayed and be with her wherever she goes (Joshua 1:9).”
- for salvation: “Lord, let salvation spring up within her that she may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory (2 Timothy 2:10).”
- for grace: “I pray that she may grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ (2 Peter 3:18).”
- for compassion: “Clothe her with the virtue of compassion (Colossians 3:12).”
- for thankfulness: “Teach her to live a life overflowing with thankfulness (Colossians 2:7).”
- for her anger: “Lord, please help her to be slow to anger (James 1:19), for whoever is slow to anger is better than the mighty and she who rules her spirit than those who take a city (Proverbs 16:22).”
- for love: “Help her to live a life of love through the spirit, who dwells in her (Ephesians 5:12 & Galatians 5:22).”
- for honesty: “May honesty and integrity be her virtue and her protection (Psalm 25:21).”
- for health: “O Lord my God, I cry to you to help, may you restore her health (Psalm 30:2).”
- for a heart for sharing the Gospel: “Lord, I pray that she will go out and make disciples of all the nations (Matthew 28:19).”
- for contentment: “I ask that she will learn the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. (Philippians 4:12).”
- for self control: “Lord, help her to live a self-controlled, upright and godly life (Titus 2:12).”
- for obedience: “Help her to live a life of obedience and be interested in doing the will of God from the heart (Ephesians 6:1&6)
- for kindness: “May she always be kind to others, tenderhearted, forgiving others (Ephesians 4:32).”
- for humility: “Lord, help her to be gentle and show true humility to everyone (Titus 3:2).”
- for a good work ethic: “Please help her to work willingly at whatever she does, as though she was working for you and not people (Colossians 3:23).”
- for purity: “Lord, create a clean heart and renew a right spirit within her (Psalm 51:10).”
P.S. Just an update for all of those who read my original praying verses post, it took a few months but Raeca now usually sleeps through the night without noticing the train – hallelujah!