It’s no secret to my friends and family that I love shopping at thrift stores. One of my favorite things to buy there is clothes for Raeca. I love shopping there for so many reasons . . .
* she is going through a growth spurt right now and why would I want to pay $20 for a pair of pants or a shirt?
* it saves me money!
* she’s 2 years old -the chance of her clothes getting stained is very likely!
I have some rules for myself when buying second hand:
* I try to only buy items that are $2 or less or if it is something that I really love . . .
* I won’t spend more than $5 (things like winter jackets would be an exception because they are just more expensive)
* I try to buy some items that will fit her now and some that will fit her in the future
* If I don’t love it, I don’t buy it
I searched though my photos to show some of the items I have bought from thrift stores for Raeca. I might have to get her to do a little fashion show one day so I can take photos of some of the other clothes.
This skirt I bought in the spring, I think it was $.99 or $1.99:
This tank top was $.99, it is actually for next summer because it is too big but she wanted to wear it a few months ago:
Another $.99 shirt:
I believe this shirt was $3:
Haha, I couldn’t pass up this $.99 shirt -it’s a flashback to the late 80’s/early 90’s!
I found this little sweater dress just last week for $3. Obviously her leggings are getting too short, evidence of that growth spurt!
Do you like to thrift? What are your favorite things to buy?