This post may contain affiliate links, you can read my affiliate disclosure here.
Here We Go!
It’s airplane day (as Raeca would say)! This afternoon we start our 36 hour journey from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan to Durban, South Africa. (Actually, if you count our travel to the airport and time spent waiting for our first flight it will be a 40 hour journey.)
We are set to arrive in Durban at 12:05pm (their local time) on Friday.
We are getting Budget to deliver a car to our B&B Friday afternoon and then Saturday morning Jared will drive us the 4 hours to Newcastle where we will get to meet Ephraim! Saturday and Sunday will be spent getting to know him. I’m not sure how much time we’ll have with him but I hope as much as possible.
Then, Monday morning we will be in court. I don’t have an exact time for that but I’m praying it’s early so we can get it over with!
A few things you could pray for in the next week:
* that we wouldn’t forget anything (this is really haunting me in my dreams)
* that we would make all our flights
* for good health while flying (and in country)
* safety as we drive to Newcastle (driving on the other side of the road while jet lagged has me a little concerned)
* our meeting and days spent with Ephraim, that he will like us and start to bond with us
* for court, that the judge will be in favor of the adoption
* for Ephraim as we take him from the only home he has ever known
* safety in the drive back down to Durban
* for all of us in the transition
* for good sleep, if we don’t sleep well I imagine the transition will be that much harder
Thank you for all your support and prayers!
We are so excited to finally be off to get our little guy!
I’ll be praying for all of the above and just *know* that Ephraim will warm to your family in no time at all. Safe travels!
oh wow, it’s finally time!! How exciting, I’m sure this is a time of very strong emotions for you all. I’ll be remembering your family in my prayers!
So excited for your family that this time is finally here! Praying for all of you <3
Praying for all of the above things!
Praying for you all! I look forward to updates! 🙂
Eeek!!! This is so exciting!!!! You’re so close to having your little boy!!! 🙂
Soooo excited for you guys!! I’ll be praying! xoxo
Praying for you! Can’t wait to meet him through your posts! 🙂
Yay! So excited for all of you guys! I will be joining in and praying for you all as you guys travel to get Ephraim! Can’t wait for updates and I know this will be a special time! 🙂
Hi! First time posting long time stalker We returned from SA in May with our boy. Be of good cheer! The roads are great – no problems ever driving. We were healthy the whole time. Anything you forget you can buy – everywhere. The shopping was fantastic! Enjoy your trip. Congratulations.
Caitlin | belong with wildflowers
I’m so excited for you and your family! I’ll be saying lots of prayers for a safe and wonderful trip there and back.
AH! So excited for you! I will be praying each and every prayer request you have up there, Lady!
Britt @ The Pinnacle Project
Praying for all these things and more!