I’ve got just over 3 months to pull of doing these 26 things before my 27th birthday in May so I thought I would share a little update to let you know where I am at.
- get our referral –hasn’t happened yet . . .
read 10 books-done plus some. I chose this one so I knew I would at least accomplish one thing off of the list for this year!
- travel somewhere new -kind of but not really, still hoping it will happen
- start a missional living community or maybe just start living missional myself -still working on this, I have high hopes for the next few months
start or join an orphan ministry-maybe? does starting Once Was Lost count? I’m counting it! learn to wrap pretty gifts-I’ve done a few, counts in my books
- help someone begin the adoption process -I’ve answered lots of questions but to my knowledge none of those people have started the process -YET!
- photograph my everyday life -I think I’m getting better at this
dare to dream-lots of dreaming happening here!
- bake a cake from scratch -not yet
- watch a play -nope
learn a new art form–yes!
- become a mentor -nope
- find a mentor -nope
- develop the rolls of film I have sitting in my desk drawer -ha, still no, I actually might have thrown them in the garbage
go thrifting with a friend-I went with my mom, she’s my friend have a picnic-yup get our fence built-it wasn’t easy but yes! say “no” more-definitely! help my grandma organize her photos-no, but I offered and she doesn’t want them organized any more so I’m counting that as done create 2010, 2011 and 2012 photo books-yes! Can’t wait until they arrive! potty train Raeca-done! go on a date with Jared-yup! complete some of the DIY projects on my list-yes! give a presentation on our trip to Uganda-yup!
- learn some French (it is the official language of the DRC) -I’ve learned a few words, I definitely hope to learn more!
Hey, that’s more than half of them on the list, not doing too bad! I love seeing what I’ve done in the last year. I’m already dreaming of what I can put on my list for next year! 🙂