Lists of things to do before one’s next birthday are all the rage these days. I’ve been making them for years but have always been afraid to make them public for fear of the humiliation I will feel when I fail to check off each item on my list. But I today I am facing my fears and sharing with you my list of things to complete before I turn 27.
** side note: I keep thinking I’m 27 right now so I think I’m just going with it and then I’ll be pleasantly surprised in May.
- get our referral (oh boy do I hope this happens before my birthday)
- read 10 books (any suggestions?)
- travel somewhere new (this probably won’t happen)
- start a missional living community (anyone want to join me??) or maybe just start living missional myself
- start or join an orphan ministry
- learn to wrap pretty gifts
- help someone begin the adoption process (if you have questions, I’ll answer them!)
- photograph my everyday life
- dare to dream (probably the easiest item on the list)
- bake a cake from scratch (doubtful this will actually happen)
- watch a play
- learn a new art form
- become a mentor
- find a mentor
- develop the rolls of film I have sitting in my desk drawer
- go thrifting with a friend
- have a picnic
- get our fence built
- say “no” more
- help my grandma organize her photos (I’ve been promising her this for years, it’s about time I did it)
- create 2010, 2011 and 2012 photo books (any companies you would recommend?)
- potty train Raeca
- go on a date with Jared (one that doesn’t involve grocery shopping)
- complete some of the DIY projects on my list
- give a presentation on our trip to Uganda
- learn some French (it is the official language of the DRC)
I am doubtful that I will complete everything on this list but even if I just do half I know it will be an awesome year. If you can help me complete any of these items let me know!
Do you make lists every year? (mental lists are lists too!) What’s on your list?
P.S. One of the items on my list is actually almost done already: