First off, at this time last year life looked a lot different. All the adoption doors we knew of were closed in our face (but one opened up a few months later), so I was imagining life would look a lot different than it actually has.
- travel to Africa again or a new country – nope, but we did go to California again
do 27 of my Pinterest pins– I didn’t keep a tally but I’m sure I did at least that many
- take a blog rest every seven weeks – I started and did it a few times and then realized that taking breaks made me want to blog less, the more I blog the more I want to and the more ideas I have, seems strange, but whatever works!
- send some happy mail each month – oh boy, I started, sent a couple and then stopped
keep dreaming– I keep this on my list every year, it’s an easy one to cross off, my dreams are so different now than they were a year ago buy fair trade more often– I’ve definitely done a bit more of this
- buy ten house plants and keep five alive – um, I’ve only got a pot of succulents and an aloe vera plant left, not surprising
- make blessing bags to keep in the van and giveaway when needed – nope, and no excuses either
- make some lunches to take downtown and give away – same as above
- tutor some elementary students – nope
make forts with Raeca– we’ve made a few!
- teach Rae preschool – no, not really but we’ve done some school-ish activities
sew a quilt– yes! a cute chevron guy, check him out here
- start or get involved in a social enterprise – hmm, nope
- go on a weekend getaway with Jared – we totally had one planned but he was sick over that weekend, so no again
sew an article of clothing for myself– I did! create a reading corner in Raeca’s room– we had one for a while but it all changed now
- do a month of crossfit – ha, what was I thinking?! no.
- “run” 10K – nope
go on a picnic with my little family– we had one with my parents and brother when we went to Fort Carlton last summer
- photograph each of my grandparents, and Jared’s grandpa too – no, but it’s on my list for this year!
- continuing writing monthly letters to Raeca – unfortunately I haven’t been too consistent with this
meet an online friend– yes! I meet an Instagram friend and a couple of blogger friends! take risks– we started with our fourth adoption agency, I’d count that as risky
- get back into my morning prayer routine – some days are better than others
- pray for the entire world – nope
teach an art class– I’ve taught quite a few photography workshops
For a grand total of 11/27 – that’s a pretty awful total. For my twenty-six things I was able to complete 21/26. But like I mentioned in the beginning, some of it really had to do with having completely different expectations for the year (aka the adoption on hold) but after a few months things completely changed (hello adoption agency #4!). Hopefully I can do a lot better for my list of twenty-eight things. I actually plan on keeping you updated through the year this year, so maybe that will help.
MEGAN @ RIVERS & ROADS
Rivers and Roads is a lifestyle blog full of stories about my life in Tennessee, the mini adventures I go on, my journey with Jesus, DIYs, photographic endeavors, my love for Colorado and the outdoors, and my print shop dreams. I have been surprised and joyfully overwhelmed by the friends I’ve made in this community that have encouraged me to dream, pursue, and grow. Rivers and Roads is a place for bloggers, small business or shop owners, obsessive DIYers, Disney lovers, ambitious creatives, and talented dreamers. Life is a beautiful journey. I’d love for you to be a part of mine!